It is a blogger award where one blogger awards another blogger for their fantastic blogging skills.
Following the rules
Thanks to Jennifer Steiner for my nomination. This is fairly awesome. Check out her blog, she is a wonderful writer. Her blog posts are often about gaming. She has a nicely upbeat attitude.
Another wonderful blog is one my sister does The birchwood grove gazette. She is writing a young adult story focused on faeries. This blog is a really neat newspaper done by the characters in her story.
Let’s move on.
Now follows the section where I answer (or attempt to answer) the questions that the one who nominated me came up with.
1. What is your favorite book? Well this is a really hard question. I have so many. Tamora Pierce’s books, Nora Roberts’s books, Jacqueline Carey’s books, changeover by margheret mahy, up a road slowly by irene hunt, the ghost belonged to me by richard peck, the earths children saga by Jean M Auel, outlander saga by Diana Gabadon, most of Anne Rice’s books, lost boys by orson scott card, several books by Barbara Michaels, a couple by John Saul, a few by Steven King… honestly I think of the books I have read it would be a shorter list to name those i have hated.
2. What did you want to be when you grew up? A teacher or a writer. There were a few others, but those two more than any.
3. If your house catches fire, what do you grab on your way out? Other than family? I keep my important papers in a folder. That and my kindle.
4. Who is the person most responsible for not only the person you are today, but who has pushed you to be you?
My boyfriend of twenty years and myself. He was support and sounding board but I am who pushed.
5. List five things that inspire you (person, place, book, movie, show, etc.).My maternal grandmother, life, nature, all books, dreams
6. What is your favorite dessert and why?
tiramisu….it’s just wonderful
7. Why are you here today? Because I have never given up.
8. What makes you get up in the morning? my children and my boyfriend
9. If you could raise ONE person from the dead to tell them ONE thing, who and what would it be? my grandma to tell her i love her.
10. If you could buy something you greatly desire or create peace between people, which would you choose? peace. I am always going to choose peace.
Random Facts about me
1. I am often known for having trouble verbally. Those who know me call the moments of verbal duhs “Pattispeak”.
2. I am geeky. I taught myself c++ because I wanted to play with world design for ultima online.
3. I have no patience with blatant cruelty or stupidity.
4. I am a survivor. I make do with every situation life throws at me. And I don’t let it stop me.
5. I am still working on a novel from over twenty years ago.
6. I am an insomniac.
7. I am pansexual.
8. I love to read. I have always got a book with me.
9. I love to stay busy. And though I have many shows that I enjoy, i really don’t like video. (I am usually doing something with my hands while I watch television.
10. I am a textbook Pisces. Highly emotional and extremely creative.
Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. Display the award on your blog. Write a post about your favorite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links. Provide 10 random facts about yourself. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you fee
l deserve the award. List these rules in your post. Once you have written and published it, you then have to: Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post or mine if you don’t have all the information so that they can learn about it.
My questions for the nominees
1.Why do you blog?
2. What is your favorite music, and why?
3. What is your favorite medium (ie pen, digital, crayon, gel pens, pencil ) to write with and why?
4. Which cause is closest to your heart? And why?
5. How do you read most? Ereader, audio or actual book?
6. Who is the biggest influence in your life?
7. If you had the power to change one thing in this world and have it work, what would you change?
8. What is your writing routine?
9. If you could visit with one historical figure for a full day, who would you visit?
10. Other than blogging, what else do you do as a hobby?